Ransomware targets enterprises and causes great damages. It not only interferes with enterprises’ daily operation, but also brings brand damage.
Based on TeamT5 incident response team’s professional experience, we suggest enterprises 2 levels of measures. By doing so, you’re able to effectively control the damage and bring business back to normal soon.
Enterprises’ internal team or vendors should take below measures in order to lower the impacts of ransomware attacks.
- Team should isolate the attack source in order to control damages.
- Team should collect related comprehensive info of the attack / incident. It’ll help the team to investigate the process of the incident and patch the system vulnerabilities.
- Team can hire cybersecurity experts to conduct effective recovery measures. It’ll help enterprises & organizations’ operations go back to the right track.
Enterprises’ management team (or partners) should take below measures in order to better respond to invisible impacts (e.g. negative brand image).
- To evaluate and calculate damages brought by the attack / incident.
- To consider paying the ransom. However, some experts advise enterprises & organizations should neither negotiate with the attackers nor pay the ransom.
- To work on public relations in order to lower the negative impact on brand image.
With solid technical background and frontline expertise, TeamT5’s incident response team provides an in-depth investigation and response to real-world cyber-attacks. We identify and research the intruder attacks, the impact and technical cause of the incidents, and recommend solutions or workarounds to assist our clients in recovery and remediation.
If you have needs for incident response, please contact us: https://teamt5.org/tw/request-information/